Mathematical modeling of AC electric point motor
Keywords:mathematical modeling, electric motors, turnout, electric drive, railway automation, automated diagnostics
Purpose. In order to ensure reliability, security, and the most important the continuity of the transportation process, it is necessary to develop, implement, and then improve the automated methods of diagnostic mechanisms, devices and rail transport systems. Only systems that operate in real time mode and transmit data on the instantaneous state of the control objects can timely detect any faults and thus provide additional time for their correction by railway employees. Turnouts are one of the most important and responsible components, and therefore require the development and implementation of such diagnostics system.Methodology. Achieving the goal of monitoring and control of railway automation objects in real time is possible only with the use of an automated process of the objects state diagnosing. For this we need to know the diagnostic features of a control object, which determine its state at any given time. The most rational way of remote diagnostics is the shape and current spectrum analysis that flows in the power circuits of railway automatics. Turnouts include electric motors, which are powered by electric circuits, and the shape of the current curve depends on both the condition of the electric motor, and the conditions of the turnout maintenance. Findings. For the research and analysis of AC electric point motor it was developed its mathematical model. The calculation of parameters and interdependencies between the main factors affecting the operation of the asynchronous machine was conducted. The results of the model operation in the form of time dependences of the waveform curves of current on the load on engine shaft were obtained. Originality. During simulation the model of AC electric point motor, which satisfies the conditions of adequacy was built. Practical value. On the basis of the constructed model we can study the AC motor in various mode of operation, record and analyze current curve, as a response to various changes of the load on engine shaft.
1. Amelin S.V., Danovskiy L.M. Put i putevoye khozyaystvo [Track and track facilities]. Moscow, Transport Publ., 1972. 216 p.
2. Buryak S.Yu. Matematychne modeliuvannia strilochnoho elektropryvodu [Mathematical modeling of electric drive turnouts]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho natsionalnoho universytetu zaliznychnoho transportu imeni akademika V. Lazariana [Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport named after Academician V. Lazaryan], 2010, issue 34, pp. 172-175.
3. German-Galkin S.G. Kompyuternoye modelirovaniye poluprovodnikovykh sistem v MATLAB 6.0 [Computer simulation of semiconductor systems in MATLAB 6.0]. Saint Petersburg, KORONA print Publ., 2001. 320 p.
4. German-Galkin S.G. Elektricheskiye mashiny: laboratornyye raboty na PK [Electrical machines: laboratory works on PC]. Saint Petersburg, KORONA print Publ., 2003. 256 p.
5. German-Galkin S.G. MATLAB & Simulink. Proyektirovaniye mekhatronnykh sistem na PK [MATLAB & Simulink. Mechatronic systems design on PC]. Saint Petersburg, KORONA-Vek Publ., 2008. 368 p.
6. Dayneko V.A., Kovalinskiy A.I. Elektrooborudovaniye selskokhoziaystvennykh predpriyatiy [Electrical equipment of agricultural enterprises]. Minsk, Novoye znaniye Publ., 2008. 320 p.
7. Ivanov G.Ya., Kuznetsov A.Yu., Dmitriyev V.V. Elektroprivod i elektrooborudovaniye [Electric drive and electrical equipment]. Novosibirsk, 2011. 54 p.
8. Malovichko V.V., Havryliuk V.I., Kiziakov V.Ya. Avtomatyzovani systemy upravlinnia na transporti [Automatic control system on transport]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho natsionalnoho universytetu zaliznychnoho transportu imeni akademika V. Lazariana [Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport named after Academician V. Lazaryan], 2007, issue 16, pp. 5-8.
9. Malovіchko V.V., Havryliuk V.I., Reshetniak M.I. Vykorystannia systemy kontroliu stanu strilochnykh dvyhuniv po kryvii spozhyvannia strumu v remontno-tekhnichnykh dilnytsiakh [Using the system condition monitoring of turnouts engines on curve in power consumption at repair and technical stations]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho natsionalnoho universytetu zaliznychnoho transportu imeni akademika V. Lazariana [Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport named after Academician V. Lazaryan], 2007, issue 18, pp. 11-15.
10. Parfenov V.I., Razgonov A.P., Kovrigin M.A. Analiz defektov i vozmozhnosti diagnostiki strelochnykh pe-revodov [Defect analysis and diagnostic capabilities of turnouts]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho natsionalnoho universytetu zaliznychnoho transportu imeni akademika V. Lazariana [Bulletin of Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport named after Academician V. Lazaryan], 2007, issue 15, pp. 16-18.
11. Reznikov Yu.M. Elektroprivody zheleznodorozhnoy avtomatiki i telemekhaniki [Electric drives of railway automatics and remote control]. Moscow, Transport Publ., 1985. 288 p.
12. Chernykh I.V. Modelirovaniye elektrotekhnicheskikh ustroystv v MATLAB SimPowerSystems i Simulink [Modeling of electrotechnical devices in MATLAB SimPowerSystems and Simulink]. Moscow, DMK Press Publ., 2008. 288 p.
13. Beucher O., Weeks M. Introduction to MATLAB & Simulink: a project approach. Hingham, Massachusetts New Delhi, Infinity Science Press LLC Publ., 2008. 390 p.
14. Ong Chee-Mun. Dynamic simulation of electric machinery using MATLAB/Simulink. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, Prentice Hall PTR Publ., 1998. 627 p.
15. Chaturvedi Devenndra K. Modeling and simulation of systems using MATLAB and Simulink. New York, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group Publ., 2010. 711 p.
16. Giurgiutiu V., Sergey Edward Lyshevski. Micromechatronics modeling, analysis, and design with MATLAB. New York, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group Publ., 2009. 920 p.
17. Karris Steven T. Introduction to Simulink with engineering applications. Orchard Publications, 2008. 716 p.
18. Theeg G., Vlasenko S. Railway Signaling and Interlocking. International Compendium. Hamburg, Eurail-press Publ., 2009. 448 p.
How to Cite
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).